Passionate Paws Animal Hospital, a Certified Fear Free Private Integrative Practice, is seeking an energetic, caring individual with strong technical and communication skills to be our Medical Team Leader (MTM), who can lead authentically our passionate team of veterinary assistants and technicians. . The ideal candidate is a natural leader, a point person who can multi-task with a high awareness of what’s going on around the hospital and keep a cool head when the daily schedule doesn’t go as planned. A confident, self-starter who can work alone and be part of a cohesive team will thrive at Passionate Paws. This MTM role not only requires that you enjoy and be proficient in all aspects of veterinary medicine, but also that you have a genuine passion for teaching and helping others succeed.
You would be at the center of the activity helping to expedite the tasks of the medical team on a daily basis. MTM’s role would include training new staff in their responsibilities and mentoring all medical staff regarding performance, client communication and training needs. Administrative responsibilities include managing inventory, scheduling staff based on departmental needs, keeping hospital management informed of any issues or risks that may affect operations or employee relations, and liaison with other departments and managers regarding patient care and hospital operations.
When pet parents at Passionate Paws Animal Hospital bring their fur babies for medical care, they want to know that our team understands how important their fur babies are to them and that their fur babies will receive care. medical products of the highest quality. In fact, we’re so focused on providing the best medical care and not being a high-volume practice that all of our new pet parent appointments are one hour long! Ultimately, the MTM is the ultimate brand ambassador of the unique, high-quality, fearless and integrative experience that Passionate Paws offers fur babies and their parents.
We pride ourselves on offering competitive pay and benefits, a healthy work-life balance (no weekends or on call rather extended days off around major holidays to be with family) and a supportive work culture, challenging and team-oriented that will inspire and motivate you to reach your full potential. With our two current locations and expansion plans, the opportunities and growth potential are endless for the right candidate. If you’re looking to be part of something more, enjoy the support of team members, and work with a caring management team, then Passionate Paws is your new home.
• Minimum 5 years of experience and technical knowledge in all aspects of veterinary assistance including medical examinations, nursing, radiology, anesthesia, surgery, dentistry, laboratory and pharmacy
• Experience/knowledge of acupuncture, chiropractic, physiotherapy, platelet rich plasma, cold laser and/or preferred herbs, not required
• Certified, licensed or registered technician credentials preferred, not required
• Demonstrates knowledge of veterinary drugs, products, inventory management and diagnostic equipment
• Demonstrates an understanding of troubleshooting and maintaining medical equipment, including sterilization and cleaning procedures
• Understanding of current pet health and prescription laws, DEA and OSHA standards and guidelines
• Experience in supervisory tasks, problem solving and team building
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills (able to listen, accept feedback and resolve issues in a timely manner)
• Certified Fear Free Professional, preferred but not required. (As a Certified Fearless Practice, certification is included in the first 90 days of employment)
Please provide your resume, cover letter and at least two references and email [email protected] All candidates will be shortlisted via a brief telephone interview. Candidates who meet the requirements after the phone interview will be scheduled for an in-person interview and two unpaid job interviews lasting several hours each to assess skill and proficiency level.